A teacher has raised concerns about my child’s behaviour/development

Your child’s teacher may have spoken or written to you with concerns about your child’s behaviour. It’s important to make an appointment to talk through these concerns, and you may want your partner or a friend to go with you.   It may be that your child needs additional support or medical help and the school will advise you on what will be most helpful to your child depending on the concern.

If you disagree with the school’s assessment or have concerns about how they are dealing with it, then you can get independent support from the specialist provider’s listed below.

It is helpful if you can  talk this through with senior staff at the school first, as sometimes misunderstandings can develop with the class teacher or other support staff.